Thursday 16 July 2015

Self-Image: You are Beautiful

Hi! This is going to be a bit different to my usual posts. The video below is a must-watch if you haven't seen it already!



Looking in the mirror, there are things I am not happy with. Also, if you know me in real life then you'll know that I don't accept compliments very easily (yes, I'm one of those annoying people who's always like 'thanks, but I'm not/I disagree' if someone calls me pretty. For some reason I'm much more likely to say a simple thank you to a stranger who compliments me, or someone I don't know very well. Sometimes I remember more significant compliments quite vividly - like a teacher (in a secondary school subject I was rubbish at) randomly telling me I was talented one day. Or someone at Uni telling me I have a 'graceful figure' because I'm quite tall and slim. Unfortunately despite this I have low self-esteem and could identify with Helen at The Lovecats Inc's post 'But You're Already Skinny' as I may be a size 8, but I'm still not completely happy with my body, especially if I were to compare it to models or celebrities. I think we should promote body confidence for everyone. 

Anyway, I don't know about you, but I hate how sometimes we treat ourselves worse than our worst enemy when we look into the mirror and mentally point out our flaws. And it's not easy to stop once you get into the habit of this sort of self-depreciation. So what I want to say is, please try to be kinder to yourselves!

It is not big headed to be happy with your appearance. I'm quite jealous of those who are completely comfortable in their own skin and I wish more of us were! I saw this tweet the other day:

...and I was quite sad to see just how many people had retweeted and/or favourited it. I know it's easier said than done (and that I'm probably a bit of a hypocrite for saying this yet not believing it applies to me) but to quote Em Ford (My Pale Skin) in her inspiring video You Look Disgusting, you are beautiful, don't let anyone tell you otherwise - not even yourself. Instead of picking out your flaws, try and notice what you like about your appearance.

Be your own best friend instead of your own worst enemy. Treat yourself sometimes and when you think you look good today, be it a good skin/hair/outfit day, then allow yourself to feel confident in how you look without worrying about being full of yourself!

So I'll go first, and then I'd love it if you would like to comment with at least four things you love about your appearance. Definitely list more than four if you want to! This is going to be weird for me, but here we go...

1. My eyes as they're reasonably big

2. My dimples when I smile

3. My stomach

4. My hair colour as I like it dark blonde (or maybe bronde)

Now over to you!

Sabrina xx

PS: I'm just going to leave this here - I would be extremely grateful if I were nominated in Hayley's (Miss Tea Party Beauty) Bloggers Blog Awards! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik